Online feedback has transformed the hospitality industry. Comment cards and guest books have always allowed customers to share their thoughts on their stay, but now these experiences, both good and bad, are being shared immediately online and it’s influencing where customers choose to spend their money.
Consumers want to get a glimpse of holiday destinations before they go. They are getting their ideas directly from other visitors, not just marketing teams.
So how are hotels dealing with review websites? In what new ways can the holiday experience be shared? And can digital communities be integrated into the marketing plan? Comment from:
- Charlie Osmond, Chief Tease, TripTease on content creation & social media driving business growth
- Sinai Pedreschi, Director of Sales & Marketing, The Stafford London on TripAdvisor and customer feedback
- Satyan Joshi, Industry Manager – Travel, Google on the impact of video reviews on hotels and OTAs
- Christopher Michau, VP – Global Partner Group, Expedia France SAS on integrating social media into the travel business model
If you’ve been sent to this page and you’re not yet on the circulation list to receive these regular briefings and you would like to sign up, you can do see here. It’s free.
Video clips produced by ybc.hpgcms.wpengine.com for the Hospitality Channel, including interview from industry conferences such as the IHIF conference as well as specific Hospitality Channel shoots.
Online travel agents have embraced the digital world as a new business platform. They have taken full advantage of the low costings, have shaken up the industry, and have forced prices down.
The efficient booking processes appeal to today’s time-strapped, bargain-hunting customers. While this is a fantastic way for brands to distribute their product to a large market, there is a risk that appearing on OTA sites will reduce direct engagement with the hotel’s own online presence.
In this briefing we have expert discussion on the changing relationship between OTA’s and hoteliers. Comment from:
- Amine Moukarzel, President of Golden Tulip Hotels on the vital role of online travel agents
- Pascal Gauvin COO – India, Middle East & Africa of InterContinental Hotels Group with tips on managing the OTA relationship
- Russel Sharpe, COO in the Hotel Division of Landmark Hospitality on OTAs being a necessary evil
- Satyan Joshi, Industry Manager for travel at Google on the way hoteliers view the OTA footprint
If you’ve been sent to this page but you’re not yet on the circulation list to receive these regular briefings and you would like to sign up, you can do so here. It’s free.
Video clips produced by ybc.hpgcms.wpengine.com for the Hospitality Channel, including interviews from industry conferences such as the IHIF conference as well as specific Hospitality Channel shoots.