There is enormous potential for the hospitality industry to expand in Africa. The long term trends suggest that there is a positive future to be had. Continued economic growth and improved infrastructure is giving companies a strong environment to work in.
The hotel market in Africa is still relatively new so there are gaps to be filled, new customers to be reached and new services to be offered. There is great scope for experienced companies to find their place in Africa. Discussing the African economy are:
- Daniel Silke, Political Analyst & Keynote Speaker, Political Futures Consulting on democratisation in Africa
- Philippe Baretaud, SVP, Development Europe, Middle East & Africa, Accor SA on the African economy in five years
- David Harper, Head of Property Services, Hotel Partners Africa on Africa’s hotel shortage and economic growth
- Filippo Sona, Director – Head of Hotels & Hospitality (MENA Region), Colliers International on Africa offering a virgin market as well as economic growth
If you’ve been sent to this page and you’re not yet on the circulation list to receive these regular briefings and you would like to sign up, you can do see here. It’s free.
Video clips produced by ybc.hpgcms.wpengine.com for the Hospitality Channel, including interview from industry conferences such as the IHIF conference as well as specific Hospitality Channel shoots.
Undersupply of hotel product in Africa is certainly prevalent, however the complex nature of a continent with so many different moving parts, makes harnessing the right opportunities difficult. Regional obstacles need to be overcome in order to fully unlock the hospitality potential, with governments and businesses working together to ensure key objectives are met.
New investment still broadly comes from the domestic market but big international investors and big brand hotels are now realising the inevitable opportunities created by a rising middle class. The prospects for the continent are discussed in this briefing, including videos from:
- Roger Kacou, Minister for Tourism in Cote d’Ivoire on the continent being on the right track for inward investment
- Chief Edem Duke, Minister for Tourism in Nigeria on the undersupply faced in Africa
- Philippe Baretaud, SVP – Head of Development Europe, Middle East & Africa at ACCOR on the growth seen on the continent
- And Trevor Ward, Managing Director of Hotel Partners Africa on the comprehensive case for investment
If you’ve been sent to this page but you’re not yet on the circulation list to receive these regular briefings and you would like to sign up, you can do so here. It’s free.
Video clips produced by ybc.hpgcms.wpengine.com for the Hospitality Channel, including interviews from industry conferences such as the most recent IHIF conference as well as specific Hospitality Channel shoots.